Monday, August 02, 2010

Why I No Longer Want to Live in NYC.



First and foremost, I wouldn't be able to breathe. Even back in the '70's there were days when the news would warn people not to go outside due to pollution. The noise, traffic, and lack of private outdoor space would be an issue with me now. The city is definitely a place for the young.
These days I could actually see myself living in a more rural area. I want a garden to grow my own organic produce. I want to be free of people spraying pesticides and burning chemical logs in their fireplace; and don't get me started with traffic and smog. So where is it I want to live? I'm not sure. The west coast still calls to me despite the fact I've never been there. I love being near the ocean, it restores me; but I also love being in the mountains and hiking. So until the Lord moves me, this is where I'm at.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

now you're talking my kind of place and ditto till the Lord moves me, here's where I'll be

Erin said...

I think you want to live in Hilsboro, Oregon. My aunt lives there and has gorgeous views of the hills and mountains and is very rural... is about 30-40 minutes from the big city and about 1.5 hours to the beach. You would love it.