Monday, April 12, 2010

Life with Gator.



Melissa and Sam are off on a field trip so I have Gator for a couple of days. We started of his first night here with a Harry Potter movie, though he fell asleep half way through it. Sometime in the middle of the night he moved from the sofa to the floor, and through the course of the night he tossed and turned his way across the family room and out of his blankets. Around 7am, an ice cold little boy snuggled into bed with me, looked deep into my eyes and said, "Aunt Twisa, listen." He then let a big one rip and burst into laughter.

Photobucket

The most challenging part of having Gator here is keeping him busy. Just today he has skateboarded, picked up a yard full of pine cones, trimmed my freeze damaged palm tree, gone swimming, made a gazillion paper snowflakes, watched a couple of movies and eaten copious amounts of popcorn.

Photobucket

I have a magnetic Venus de Milo on my refrigerator complete with a magnet wardrobe that Addison loves to play with. Since Gator has been she has spent most of her time naked, while he stands gawking at her.

Photobucket

I have since hidden her in a drawer.

5 comments:

Connie said...

I guess if there's a *good* side to him being busy, you got alot of side work done ;) Nothin' like child labor, lol (that's a joke~I'm not being a smarty-pants ;) ). LOL about the magnet ;)

Jessica said...

As I was reading I thought, "you should hide the magnet." :) I will admit, I dressed her while I was there, it was too weird otherwise!

hilltopper said...

venus was dressed when i left!!! i put her in jeans and a white top.

i did have to LOL at his smirk though, very "cameron" from ferris beuller.

mrsmouthy said...

I heart Gator.

Melissa said...

What a handsome little guy!