Tuesday, February 16, 2010

For Jane.


Because she still checks my blog, and emailed me to ask why I haven't updated. I think I've lost a lot of my blogging motivation. I feel like my brain has turned to mush....and because I haven't been out of the house much in the past few months, I don't have any exciting adventures or photos to show you. I've been practicing with my new camera and getting very frustrated because my pics don't turn out the way I see them. Then Meg said I should try her lens so I put it on my camera and it was like magic; so Brewier said I could order the lens from Amazon. Yay!
Monday was our 29th anniversary. All I can think about are the photos you see in the paper of couples celebrating their 30th anniversary and they are all chubby, grey haired and starting to look like each other. This has always terrified me; call me vain, but I don't want that to be me.

Sunday afternoon Sarah and Ethan were over, and I've always enjoyed messing with Ethans head. This time I had him convinced I could turn my hand a complete 360 degrees. After a half and hour of me in tears from laughing so hard at his attempts to twist his hand around as I had mine, I revealed my trick to him and followed up with, "Would you like to see my dead finger?" The boy nearly lost his lunch. I went to my craft room and returned with the box I keep my dead finger in. (A jewelry box with a hole cut in the bottom that my finger goes through.) I had shown him this previously, when he was 3 or 4, but he didn't remember it. I made sure my finger was nice and cold before I put it in the box, and when I took the lid off for him to see the dead finger, he got kind of pale. Sarah touched the finger to show him it was ok, so he hesitantly and quickly touched it too. Then, initial fear gone, he reached out to touch it again. Thats when I raised my finger up out of the box. Did that ever make Ethan jump! But the boy is a good sport, and I promised I show him more of my tricks on his next visit.



Friday I'm watching Sam and Gator, so maybe I'll have something funny to blog about, though most of the funny stuff involves penis conversations, and is not always blog appropriate.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That is hilarious about the finger!!!

spicyapplepie said...

LOL, what a great joke to play!

I am always interested to read your blog, as someone over the pond it is interesting to hear about life in another country.

all the best