Sunday, January 24, 2010

Shopping Spree.


(This is the kind of post I said I would never do. You know, where a grandmother talks endlessly about how cute their grandchild is, and bores you silly.)

I took Addison to Target today to get her a pair of leggings. All her pants are too big around on her and keep falling off, causing the, "Pants on the Ground," song to play endlessly through my brain.
Upon entering Target you are immediately corralled into the dollar section, full of valentines day treats. Addison was drawn like a magnet to a huge heart lolly pop. She picked it up, eyes full of awe put it down, then picked it up again. I asked if she would like me to buy it for her. Her eyes got HUGE and she shook her head yes. She never asks to buy anything, so its a lot of fun to get her something she really likes. Keeping that in mind we headed back to girls clothes. I stopped to look at some shirts and she excitedly showed me one with a bubble gum machine on it, with buttons for the gum balls. "I like the buttons!" she exclaimed, so I told her we would buy the shirt too. We finally found some leggings and I had her choose between a black pair and a teal pair with butterflies...like I didn't know which ones she'd choose. We then went on a search for Teddy Grahams, because I always have them here for her. We had to walk through all the Valentine candy to get them, so it took awhile; not because it was candy,but because everything was, "So bootaful."
On our way to the cashier I hit the tooth care aisle to get her a new toothbrush, and right there at her eye level was princess toothpaste, so sure, why not get that too?
Then as we made our way though the crowd to the check out line, the strangest thing happened. Jessica's voice came out of Addisons mouth as I heard her say, "HELLO PEOPLE. Why do you keep getting in my way?Don't you see me here?" It took everything in me not to burst out laughing.
I think the highlight of the trip for Addison was having all of her things in a Target bag, which she put on her arm, and with a big smile on her face, skipped out of the store repeatedly saying, "I have my own groceries!" Yes, the target bag is as big of a deal to her as the stuff in it. She wanted to hold the bag while she napped and I had to explain why this was not a good idea, so she took her unopened heart lolly pop to bed instead.

7 comments:

hilltopper said...

lots of tooth brushes. and oh how cute the gumball machine shirt!

Linda said...

Isn't Target great? I sure do miss it.

Amy said...

Oh, she really is so gorgeous. We have biscuits like that too, only they're called Tiny Teddies. Some of ours are girl teddies which I don't imagine yours are as they seem to be called Graham :)

wsxwhx604 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenn said...

I think that is the sweetest. She and Alice should play together the next time she is here. Jenn

Anyone Out There said...

Those grandchildren are so lucky to have you for a grandmother with out a doubt

mrsmouthy said...

As much fun as I'm having being a mom, you give me so much to look forward to! I'll be able to spoil the kids but I won't feel guilty for it like I do now. :)