Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Not Only Fabulous, But Beautiful Too.


I can say that because I got an award from the lovely Marissa saying I was. See.



Marissa's truffles saved me from eating deadly Christmas cookies and candy over the holidays. I'm getting ready to make my third batch; they're so nice to have on hand in the freezer for when friends stop by.

Along with this award I'm supposed to list seven facts about myself, I was going to ask y'all to list the facts, but I remember I tried that once before with unsuccessful results; so here are the facts.

1. Megan is sitting next to me with a scared look in her eye because she knows I can never think of facts about myself and will ask her to think of them.

2. I love vegetables...except for brussel sprouts. I continue to try them whenever they're served, but I just don't like them.

3. All my life I've been told, (mostly by working woman,) that I was too smart to be at home with my kids, (whom I home educated.) This caused me to be very discontented thinking I was somehow missing out on something. Last year I realized that, being a homemaker is what I've always wanted to do ever since I was a little girl and is far more important and fulfilling than going off to a job. I'm so happy I was able to spend all that time with my girls.

4. I'm not a big fan of cooking, but I love to bake.

5. I'm a glass half full kind of girl.

6. I have wanderlust.

7. Because of my MCS my wanderlust must be satisfied through visiting places via the internet.



This award is to be passed on to other beautiful bloggers, so here they are.

Frenchless in France
Mrs. Mouthy
Ms. Kathleen
Domestic Adventures
PixnProse

6 comments:

hilltopper said...

hmm, im first, lets see.
Tricia would love to hike the applician trail.

hilltopper said...

oops, i think i misspelled that, but none the less...

Marissa said...

If it helps, I WISH I didn't have to work at a job I don't love. If I could do my dream job that would be different. I'd give my eyeteeth to focus on beautifying a home, and also having time to pursue my bliss.

I also get peeved when people judge women who choose to be homemakers and choose to stay at home with their kids. It is just as rewarding as having a career that makes money, and I'd bet a lot of people would find it even more so.

Vickie said...

I enjoyed my time at home more than anything I've done - and homeschooling and teaching art.
I have wanderlust too and eventually plan on doing something about it. I guess I sort of did in the truck but I mean something fun!!!!

Linda said...

Thank you for the award. I'll have to sit for a while too and see what I can come up with about myself.

Allison said...

Try brussel sprouts roasted with olive oil. I had them for the first time just last month and they weren't too terrible.