Tuesday, January 12, 2010

How About...My Fingers Have Been Too Cold To Type?



I took a screen shot of my weather widget Saturday. See that? It's rain mixed with snow! And it never got above 33. I spent the day bundled up sitting in front of my space heater. Come to think of it, that's how I've spent the past week.



But I haven't been entirely idle. I went through my old magazines and using my heart paper punch made a whole bunch of hearts, which I sewed together to make a valentine heart garland.





I've been reading through this pretty book looking for new recipes.



Sarah was here for a weekend long slumber party. We spent all of Sunday afternoon watching movies. I knew she would appreciate my new entertaining area.



I've been meaning to post a picture of this birthday card from my blog friend Jane. Nope, I've never met her and yet she knew the perfect card to send!

6 comments:

hilltopper said...

<3 the garlands!!

Jane said...

LOVE, love, Lovvvve those heart garlands.
So you sewed PAPER hearts together?
Interessssting.
Wished you lived closer. It's craft night at my place tonight.

spicyapplepie said...

the garlands are simply gorgeous, and I love the card!

Sarah said...

Yeah, yeah... love the garlands, and the card. But LOVE your new entertaining area!! :-) So cozy.

Connie said...

LOVE your Valentine garland~you're so creative, even when cold ;)

mrsmouthy said...

1. It's so unfair that the shoes are just a CARD! I can has sparkly, flowry, super high heels?

2. Maybe I'll steal your Valentine heart idea. My sister made me something similar out of felt circles of all different shapes/colors for New Year's and I really loved them. Thanks!