Friday, September 25, 2009

Since I got sick three weeks ago, I haven't had any dairy, wheat or sugar. Per doctors orders I'm not supposed to those things ever; not any easy thing for someone who loves to bake. I lost my sense of taste and smell last Sunday, so its been pretty easy to eat healthily, because eating has no appeal. I think it all caught up to me last night in one of my dreams. I dreamt someone had brought us over a plate of the most incredible smelling, beautiful, multilayered brownies. The brownies were meant to share with a group of people, ( I was having a party or something,) but I thought, "I'll just sample one." Well I ate one and it was delicious. So I ate another....and another...and another. You get the picture. Then I started having guilt and remorse but I couldn't stop eating the brownies! The sad thing is, this is how I am with brownies and baked goods. I have no control. I woke up from the dream convicted with the thought that I need to follow doctors orders and not eat the foods that make me sick.
But they sure tasted good in my dream.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Tricia, you could try these - http://www.notquitenigella.com/2008/09/09/gooey-chocolate-brownie-and-strawberry-sandwich-cake/ they already have no wheat and substitutions could also see them dairy free and free of refined sugar if you used honey or maple syrup...

hilltopper said...

i LOVE dreams where i eat alot of something really good!!

only sometimes i wake up and the inside of my cheek is all chewed up.

pk said...

You must be feeling better eating such good food !! And all the loving care, wow, yes you are indeed blessed. Yes I too have been praying for you , remember only to well when pnemonia settled in with me. gentle hugs

Darla said...

I have seen more and more no gluten items in the aisles in the grocery stores lately there must be hope out there for you and your baking.

Vickie said...

I know that I need to try to do this but I just don't think I can.
Glad you're feeling better.