Sunday, September 06, 2009

Deep Dark Secrets.


Sarah and I just finished watching the Sex in the City movie, and a big part of the movie is how you don't keep secrets from friends. So we are sitting on the sofa talking about the movie and Sarah starts squirming and says, "I have something to tell you. I've been dreading this... but I can't keep it from you any longer. I have a secret." And she was serious.
I'm thinking, what could she be hiding that has her so disturbed? Then she said, "Remember that wall in my house we talked about painting stripes on? I ruined it. I painted stripes, then I painted flowers on top of the stripes, (at this point in her story I'm cringing and making faces,) and then I painted butterflies. I just didn't know when to stop, and the whole time I kept hearing your voice in my head saying, "What are you thinking!?" She then goes on to tell me the idea looked so good in her head, and how her designs have always worked out like she thought, (very true,) but this is just horrible. She finishes with, "I feel so much better now...that's just been eating away at me!"

4 comments:

Vickie said...

see what you do to us. All we can think when we're decorating is, "what would Tricia do?"

meg.kat.art said...

lol!

Linda said...

Did you like that movie? I thought it was awful. The TV series were much better-not that anyone asked me.

mrsmouthy said...

I heart your friend.