Wednesday, September 09, 2009

But I Did Get Shoes!


Saturday Brewier and I realized we were reaching a dangerously low level of English Breakfast tea, so we headed out to the store. Not a regular grocery store where a box costs nearly $7, but to Sacks, a store that sells dented cans and out of date products. They often have our tea for $3 for a slightly crushed box. We buy 10 boxes at a time and I keep it them in my freezer. Sacks is across town from us and as we driving along I realize that we will pass my favorite wine store and I haven't been there since my birthday way back in December. We had just enjoyed a bottle of wine that we had purchased way back then and I wanted to see if they still had it in stock. They didn't, but they did have this really funky Chardonnay from Australia on sale for $4 a bottle. I bought two. We then continued on our tea trip, (passing by that rusty little space ship,) and reached Sacks. Did I mention one of our favorite thrift stores is part of the same strip mall? Yeah, well we went there first. I don't usually find things for me, Brewier on the other hand gets most of his wardrobe there. This time however as I walked through the doors my eyes fell upon the cutest pair of shoes. I made a beeline for them. They were my size...and they fit! Unless you've shopped with me before you have no idea how hard it is to find that combination, so for under $10 I got new shoes! The tea however...well the store didn't have a single box, but hey, I got wine and shoes!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Very cute!!!! I love them with the zebra print!

Sarah said...

I agree with Jenn... so cute with the zebra print!!

Greg Pflug said...

dem some sexy toes! Have the boys been by?

Tim G said...

They are cute shoes (can a guy say that?)
I know it is incredibly parochial of me to ask this, but what was the Aussie wine? What did you think of it? I'm not sure we're putting our nation's best foot forward at $4 a bottle! Makes my brain hurt to consider how far that bottle has travelled, how long it took to make the wine & still, a grower somehow made money in the sale of his grapes...

hilltopper said...

LOVE!!!!

meg.kat.art said...

Tim, I can attest that the wine was amazingly tasty for only $4! Made a great cooking wine for my parmesan chicken :)

mrsmouthy said...

You have the daintiest ankles, too!

reneenix said...

And you painted your toe nails with pail nolish!

Just say Julie said...

Love.them.

And I hit up TJ Maxx for a bananas foster coffeee when ever possible!