Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's been a busy, but not very blog worthy day. I cleaned my art studio, made muffins, did laundry, yada, yada, yada, While taking my Teddy Graham and coffee break, I came across an article on bad tattoos. I mean really
bad tattoos. I'm not going to post pictures of them, just Google. "bad tattoo's" and you can see a plethora of them. While I can appreciate and enjoy the art of a well executed tat, I myself have no desire to ever have one, because they are PERMANENT, and that freaks me out. I remember when I was little, about five yeas old, and my parents wanted to get me a medic alert bracelet for my deadly penicillin allergy. They told me I'd have to wear it all the time and it couldn't come off. In my little five year old brain I heard it as, "Once this is placed on your wrist, you will be unable to remove it and it will be there until you die!" Of course they were just trying to get me to understand the importance of wearing the bracelet, but I was so freaked out about it, they never got me one. Nope. I don't ever want anything permanent on my body, which is why this photo makes my skin crawl. I would feel like I was never clean....like I was always wearing clothing....like I COULDN'T BREATHE! Must....not....look....

9 comments:

Greg Pflug said...

yummy! Just imagine the treats hidden under her pink skirt?

Jessica said...

That is incredibly hideous.

When my friend post pictures of their tattoos placed in very visible places (which they're so excited about) my first thought is, "People will be able to see that!"

I, too, hate the permanence. What if your color/design clashed with your outfit? :)

Tim G said...

I'm comfortable with the fact that other people don't dig them, but I love my three tattoos. Of course, I made the strategic decision to get all of mine in places I could hide if I wanted to.

Amy said...

I would never go as far as this lady but I would consider one more. You have to pick something with meaning and that you won't regret. Women also need to put them in places that won't look really misshapen when they are old!

Amy said...

And, Tim's tattoo on his upper arm is fabulous - I love it.

hilltopper said...

looks like she loves her tattoo suit. eww.

Sarah said...

Wow. It's kind of hard to find words for that. I have seen a few tatoos that I really like and if I were brave enough would like to get a white tatoo. But I'm not brave. And, Tricia, you forgot to mention that even if you wanted one, it would probably kill you. I do mean literally kill you.

Linda said...

All you can say is Gosh. At least she never need stockings. What an obsession.

Just say Julie said...

I was flipping through late night channels last night and happened upon the world record holder for most piercings. If the tats make your skin crawl, you should take a gander at the lady and her 651 pieces of jewelry!