Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Weird Day, Then a Fun Day.


I say weird because that is the only way I can describe Saturday. It was hot and oppressive, and there was a weird vibe in all of Orlando. We went out to yard sale and the roads were nearly deserted. It just felt ....weird. All day. We did try to shake the feeling by getting out of the house for a while. We returned books to the library, stopped to see Melissa and the boys, got some summer rolls from Lac Viet, then walked around Total Wine admiring all the pretty bottles.
Here are my summer rolls. Mmmmm. See the green onion sticking out of the top?



Well, I thought they were green onions, but these were too tough to chew so I pulled them out, and they look a whole lot like my St Augustine grass. I didn't eat them.



Despite our best attempts the day continued to feel weird and we were both thankful to turn in for the night with plans of going to the beach Sunday morning.
Now, I always plan to get up before dawn and get to the beach in time for sunrise, but in reality that's only happened a couple of times. I did manage to get out of bed by 7:30, and by 8:30 we were at the beach enjoying 8-10 foot waves. Unfortunately we forgot our boogie boards, but were pretty happy body surfing. I told Brewier that I'd really like to take surf lessons.

And here is Brewier blessing the masses.

We left the beach at 11 :30 when the sky started to look like this, and it was starting to sprinkle. On our way home we stopped at Frozen Gold for a prelunch snack. I love ice cream.

6 comments:

Darla said...

You know it is too bad we can not have the best of both worlds. It is absolutely beautiful up here today and I was thinking that I was blessed to have the doors and windows open then you had to go post beach pictures. Uggghhhh!!!!!

hilltopper said...

looks WONDERFUL, the food and the beach.

Jenn said...

Where would a day at the beach be without Frozen Gold. I wish I owned it!!!

Greg Pflug said...

was it green onion or lemon grass?

Sarah said...

Nice! I had a weird day and then a fun day too... in that order. :-) Must be something in the air.

mrsmouthy said...

I love feet-on-the-beach pics. I'm sad that we're missing the family's annual trip to the beach this year. We go to the beach near our house a few times a week, but the annual trip beach looks more like the ones in your picture. Sigh.