Sunday, July 05, 2009

The Last Day.
It's my last day in Ky and I can't believe I've been here a month already. Most of my time has been spent just sitting and visiting with my mother in law who is a recent widow and in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's....she started crying a couple of days ago about me leaving; shes very lonely.
We had a very quiet, rainy Independence Day, only venturing out for our McDonald's coffee and a biscuit in the morning. The rest of the day was spent watching HGTV and eating . Lots and lots of eating. I've gained eight pounds here...my intention had been to lose weight while on vacation :(
Its raining again today, and I'm waiting for Brewier to get up so he can make the 20 mile round trip to get me a cup of coffee :) I figured out that my .70 cup of coffee ends up casting about as much as a Starbucks fancy drink because McDonalds is so far away.

7 comments:

Vickie said...

maybe we could work on losing weight together when you get back. I think I've gained 5 lbs. since I've been off and my goal was to lose also! :(

Kimberly said...

How is Brewier's back feeling?
Please have a nice, safe drive home!

I'm glad that you were able to stay with your MIL as long as you have. I know it means the world to her. I hope you do this again this fall! There is the longest yard sale, Danville 's Fall Festival, Perryville, and my favorite, the Forkland Festival. I know you can find something fun to do!

Greg Pflug said...

I think we are leaving for home Tuesday or Wednesday. Which ever we will get together later in the week for dinner.

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see you!!! I'm so glad that you had a great vacation and hope that the health benefits of being away will last a while once you return...

Greg Pflug said...

you home yet?

mrsmouthy said...

I didn't know there was any place left in America that was 10 MILES from a McDonald's!

Greg Pflug said...

When are you going to start blogging ahain?