Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's All About Food.



Have you seen the advertisements for the new super stack Pringles, or seen the nice tall can sitting on the shelf next to the regular sized Pringles? I did, so I bought the tall can, because tall can equal more chips right. Um...No. The can is only 2/3's full and the only thing you get more of is packaging.


I'm sure you've seen meat packaged like this in your store. I bought this package back in May, and it has been in my refrigerator ever since. That's right , not the freezer, the refrigerator. I took this picture this morning. What I want to know is what they inject into the meat to keep it looking like this.


Here's the expiration date on the package. No , I don't usually keep expired food around this long. I purchased it and then I got sick and the package got shoved into the depths of the refrigerator, and then once I found it, I became curious as to how long it would take to start looking old. After two months I decided it was time to through away the still fresh looking meat. I wish now that I had had Brewier open the package and see what the meat smelled like, because he will do gross things like that for me.

7 comments:

Darla said...

red meat search this query on google

carbon monoxide and meat

hilltopper said...

weird! yeah, i wouldnt eat that.

but that should be against the food packaging rules, I read the expiration date and it is right there in plain type but it just seems wrong to have meat that LOOKS fresh when in fact it is over 2 months old.

pretty sneaky Hormel

Brewier said...

Oh yeah. I wanted to smell that!

Greg Pflug said...

Frankinfoods

georgia b. said...

oh, boy. has it come to this?

sad. time to start growing our own foods, no?

Kathleen said...

eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

mrsmouthy said...

Holy COW!