Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Coffee and sketching.



Bright and early I met Vickie at Starbucks to get coffee and claim my free pastry; a blueberry scone. Four shots of espresso later we headed to my house for a morning of sketching. I haven't pulled out a sketch pad in at least 15 years, so to say I am a bit rusty is a terrible understatement. As I sat and sketched Vickie, she sat and sketched me. She's good, isn't she? And this is her out of practice quick sketching! In her younger days she worked at the theme parks doing pastel portraits of the guests. I'm thinking she should quit her day job and start doing portraits for a living.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

That looks so much like you, even Addison thinks so! Except, I think you look younger in person. :)

I got a blueberry muffin with my coffee - a venti iced americano, is that what you got too?

Jenn said...

Very good!

hilltopper said...

nice. i dont think i have ever been sketched. nor have i sketched anyone.

Greg Pflug said...

I've seen police sketches that looked a lot like roger.

Linda said...

Where's your sketch?

georgia b. said...

wow. yes.

Sarah said...

Wow. I'm impressed!!

Just say Julie said...

How fun is that? And I was at Starbucks getting my free pastry too :)