Thursday, June 11, 2009

Monday.


Our plan was to go to Cincinnati and hit up the art museum in the morning and then go to Brett and Meghan's and visit with them the rest of the day. Here is a shot going into Cincinnati. There were signs flashing smog warnings all along the interstate, asking that you not fill up your car with gas until after 8pm. As bad as this was, I could still breathe better than I do in Orlando.



We got to the museum, (I love this museum and look forward to visiting it every time we're here,) and it seemed awfully quiet there. As we approached the entrance, I glanced at the sign...um... yeah, they're not open Mondays. To quell my disappointment, Brewier took me to Trader Joes. I haven't any pictures of that because I was too busy roaming the aisles, looking at all the great deals they have. While checking out, our cashier confided to us that there were rumors of 6 Trader Joe stores opening in Florida next year. If this blog were live you would see me jumping up and down with excitement.


When we arrived at Brett's it was lunch time and he whipped us up his amazing spaghetti along with some of his homemade rosemary bread. I dream about, and crave his spaghetti, as it is some of the best food I've ever eaten.



Here are Brett and Meghan.....


and here she is showing off our next grandchild. (Can you tell they're a fun couple?)



And here we are with our adorable grandson, Duncan. Because Brett and Meghan show him pictures of family every morning, and because we get to ichat with him, he knew who I was, hugging me and saying Mae mae. Yes, I melted.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't get over how cute he is!!!

I want to go visit them!

meg.kat.art said...

duncan is so adorable!

hilltopper said...

those cheeks just make ya wanna pinch em!! what a cutie pie

georgia b. said...

:)

love the belly shot!

and that spaghetti looks delicious! it's morning and i'm craving spaghetti.

thanks for taking us along on your trip.

have a great weekend, tricia!

mrsmouthy said...

I always love hearing about your excursions, probably because they usually involve such fabulous food. I so miss tomatoes (I can't stomach them during pregnancy) and if someone could please bring me that plate of spaghetti after I've given birth in the hospital, I will be forever in their debt...