Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Losing Momentum.


Its so hard to blog after missing a few days. I've found myself putting it off; "I'll do it later tonight," is what I've said for the past 3 days. We arrived in Danville Ky late Friday morning, after leaving Orlando at 6:30, Thursday evening. We arrived hungry, so Mom made us breakfast. Most of the day is a sleep deprived blur, but I remember going to Goodwill, and having a cookout in the evening.



Saturday morning we went to the farmers market for fresh locally grown organic produce, something not really available in Orlando. Everything looked so good, and I bought a bunch of vegetables to cook.

I was very excited by these organic strawberries, $4 for a quart! I'm used to paying $7 for a pint of them at home.




Saturday afternoon Brewier and I walked around the campus of Centre College with Kenny, Erin and Gavin.



Brewier took advantage of some shade and soft grass. Florida grass is hard and crunchy and hurts to even walk through, so this was a real treat.


Camera's...my family never leaves home with one.


Walking down Greek row.

3 comments:

hilltopper said...

seven bucks!!? i would never get to eat strawberries for that price, my summer splurge is always cherries, @ 3-4 bucks a pound, but you dont get those at the farmers market.

mrsmouthy said...

How funny--I never stopped to think that there are places in the U.S. that don't have farmer's markets. Now I know.

Sarah said...

Looks like you're having fun! I'm glad. :-) I'll be here waiting for you when you get home!