Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Knobs



This evening my brother Ken and I went for a drive out to Perryville, where our family had once lived, and through the hills, or "knobs" of the surrounding area. We reminisced about our teenage years there, and Ken pointed out the homes of people who we were in school with 30 years ago. I doubt I'd recognize any of them, just as I'm sure they wouldn't recognize me. It was a beautiful evening for a drive, and so relaxing, surrounded by hills, fields, and forest, with only us on the road. I forgot what it's like not to be pressed in on all sides by buildings, people, cars and noise. I liked it. As we headed back toward civilization, we passed this store and I had to double back to get a picture...or in this case ask my brother to take it for me.
You just can't make this stuff up.


7 comments:

hilltopper said...

thats so childish...i almost died laughing, actually at this time of night i hold my hand over my mouth so i wont wake Dominc so i almost suffocated myself. thats not something you want on your conscience.

Sarah said...

oh dear... that is just too funny!

Linda said...

Oh those people in Kentucky. My Dad's side of the family are from Kentucky-a place called London.

Brewier said...

Linda, I went to Sue Bennett Jr. College in London one year.

georgia b. said...

:)

i actually love that old RC sign. what a blast from the past!

Heather said...

NO!!! I'm dying over here. That is toooo funny!!

mrsmouthy said...

Their motto should be "Specializing in subtlety!"