Monday, June 22, 2009

Beautiful Downtown Madison, Indiana



I'm going to be posting quite a few of these photos in the coming days. Madison is such a fun place to walk around and explore....there are so many beautiful homes and an abundance of ornate iron work. This has to be one of my favorite features that I saw on several of the old homes. Iron benchs flanking the front door, offering a place to sit in the evenings. What a great solution to a lack of a front porch!







Sadly, this fence is on one of the homes that is not being taken care of, and rust is slowly eating away at it. I love the swans at the center of the gate.


Aren't they sweet?

2 comments:

mrsmouthy said...

I love those benches! Thanks for sharing the small things with us--that's what I love best too.

meg.kat.art said...

I've been pouting about not being able be up there and hang out in Madison with you and Monica :/