Thursday, May 14, 2009

This is Not a Piece of Pie!


I got this book from the library yesterday called, "The Flat Belly Diet." Have you heard of it? The premise is that if you add the right kind of fats to each meal and eliminate the wrong ones, the visceral fat that lies deep in your body and causes a plethora of health problems, will slowly burn away. The right kind of fat includes nuts, olives and dark chocolate; three of my favorite food groups. As a was flipping through the recipe section before bed last night I came across one for, "Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal," and figured I' try it for breakfast.
This morning I get up and start making this oatmeal recipe that contains vanilla, black pepper and dark chocolate chips, and I notice its in the dessert section of the book. Seriously? A four hundred calorie bowl of oatmeal for DESSERT? I don't think so. Throwing a few chocolate chips into something does not make it dessert! Pie is dessert...and its really good for breakfast too....which kind of explains my need for this book.

2 comments:

mrsmouthy said...

Here here! Fruit also does not count for a dessert, even if it has moscato wine and shredded mint on it. No siree.

Sarah said...

I agree with both of you... neither oatmeal nor fruit count as dessert! (sigh) I suppose I need this diet as well...