Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Rollins College.


Sunday morning after eating some decidedly disappointing bagels in Central Park, we decided to take a walk down Park Ave,(and found out the French pastry shop opens at 6:30 am, so ditch Einsteins and get pastry,) and around the campus of Rollins College. I love all the Spanish architecture and the grounds are gorgeous.

Pugsley Hall. My favorite building with my least favorite name. All I can think of is the Adams family. Why couldn't this be Pflug, (my maiden name,) Hall...because there is a Pflug Hall on campus.



Lots of covered halls to walk and explore. Every walkway has a different tile pattern on the floor.




Even the ventilation fan looks pretty, encased in its iron cage.



This dining area is next to the swimming pool.



The swimming pool with Lake Virginia in the background.



Courtyards and little patio areas are hidden all around the campus.



Thirty one years after its release, Animal House and toga parties still thrive.

6 comments:

hilltopper said...

looks like a resort!!! im goin back to school!!!

Georgia B. said...

gorgeous photos! what a photographically-rich environment! it's beautiful there!

meg.kat.art said...

speaking of bagels, did you know Brueggers Bagels is still around?!

We passed one in Altamonte on our way to Daytona Saturday and it brought back memories of early sunday morning bagels and coffee before church :)

Corey said...

at one of the first buildings there (I can't remember the name) a bunch of bats live in the roof....I would walk past it in the evening and the bats would be making tons of noise...there were so many of them! I miss it...

Linda said...

A really lovely campus. I love that architecture too.

mrsmouthy said...

I'm with hilltopper--I need to go to college there! Now!