Sunday, April 26, 2009

If All Else Fails, Put Q-tips Up Your Nose.


After spending the past four days in Tampa. I arrived home around dinner time last night, hungry but not wanting to cook. Megan volunteered to make us Thai basil chicken and on our way to her house we stopped at Dong A's to pick up some hot peppers and basil for the meal. Last time Megan made this meal she said the jalapenos weren't hot enough, ans she really needed to use Thai peppers, so that's what I bought. I thought she had used them before. I thought she knew how to handle such a volatile pepper. She did not. So when I heard her coughing in the kitchen, I went to make sure she was ok. Just walking toward the kitchen, my nose started to burn, so when I got to Meg I grabbed her and told her to get out.She had been cutting and de-seeding the peppers with her bare hands, under running water, which releases all those potent oils into the air. She now smelled like a hot pepper, and had the oils all over her hands, and it doesn't wash off, which she found out when she touched her nose. Our only thought to cool the burning was milk soaked q-tips. Attractive, no?







While she was taking care of her burns, I held my breath, went in to the kitchen and through away all the scary peppers. Then we all sat in her bedroom and watched Brewier's episode of Dr. G.....and ate delicious chili free Thai basil.

4 comments:

meg.kat.art said...

well, don't i look so glamorous there...

i do have to say i liked using the red pepper flakes instead. tasty!

Brewier said...

Yes, it was very tasty. And tell Matthew thanks again for recording the show for me.

Corey said...

haha...love it!

hilltopper said...

i laughed at her yesterday but she looks so pitiful that i take it all back.