Monday, March 30, 2009

What Would I Blog About Without Them?



Melissa, along with Sam, Gator and her niece Katie, met me at Leu Gardens this morning for a walk around the park. The kids got bored pretty quick so we headed downtown to Lake Eola, where they could play.



Gator and I walked to the library so Melissa could take Sam home to do some school. By the time Gator and I got back to the house, Sam was in meltdown mode, insisting he was going to die if he had to do any more school, and by insisting I mean whining, crying and thrashing about. Sam ran to the back of the house and I suggested Melissa take a walk outside while I tried to calm Sam down, because throwing a fit without your mom to see is kind of boring. I headed back towards the bedrooms and this is what I saw:



Sam had filled a biscotti, (or as he calls it, spagotti) container full of cold water and was sticking his head down in it. When he came up for air I asked what he was doing. He said he needed to cool his head down, then wrapped a towel around his dripping hair and headed back to the table to finish his school. I was pretty proud of him for finding a solution to overcome his meltdown and impending death.

After eating the yummy lunch Melissa made, Gator and I headed back to my house for a bit of crafting. He has a soft side so I suggested making a stuffed animal...a cute little kitty made from a felted sweater that he could sleep with. Gator had other ideas. Meet Psycho Vampire Kitty.


Can you see the fangs he made and glued on? The dangley legs were his idea too.

5 comments:

meg.kat.art said...

awesome!!! i love his vampire kitty! :)

Sarah said...

That is too funny! And I totally love Sam's solution to his school work. You just never know what's going to do the trick. :-)

Jenn said...

I love vampire kitty! Maybe I'll try Sam's method the next time I get hot. Nevery boring with those two!

Linda said...

What a cute kid. My grandkids are endlessly fascinting too.

hilltopper said...

you could make HUGE money selling advertisig to a reality show detailing the antics of these two!!

i can tell you i would have most likely been disappointed and frustrated setting off to make a cuddly kitty and ending up with count catula, thats why the rule when i play play-doh is keep your sticky paws off mommys project.
i like to say its impolite to touch someone elses project, but really...