Thursday, February 05, 2009

Scones.


Once upon a time, when Jessica and Megan were still at home, I would get up in the morning and make us scones for breakfast...like, every morning. Its one of the benefits of home schooling; we started school when we felt like it, and sometimes that wasn't until after dinner. But any way, back to the scones. I don't think I've them in at least five years; but Megan is here and its cold outside, so we're having afternoon tea....that's another thing we did everyday when we home schooled. I really do miss those days.

8 comments:

Jenn said...

You make me continue to know why I do not freak for not having a definitive homeschool schedule!

Jessica said...

"sometimes that wasn't until after dinner."

Say what? I remember the schedule you wrote out for us as to what times we would do school, eat, do chores etc. I know we had more flexible days, too, but what really sticks in my mind is the schedule.

Tricia said...

Jess, I'm so glad you thought we were on a schedule! I would try and be successful for 2-3 days, then we'd go back to doing it when we wanted. Surely you remember doing algebra at 9 at night? You and Meg always did better at math in the evening.

Jessica said...

I did do my math better in the evening. :)

Amy said...

That photo speaks to me!

Keith said...

Since we're rewriting history for Jessica, I just want to say:

Jessica LOVED it when I taught her math!

=)

Tricia said...

Keith, Yes, weren't the tears fun?

Jessica said...

I still tell Ray about that, Keith. :) I think of you when one of my piano students is close to tears.