Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Uncle Keith.


My moms youngest brother, who I hadn't seen in nearly 15 years came over to my house this morning. He has been layed off where he works, just outside the Chicago area and decided some sunshine would be a nice change from the -20 weather they've had.
Growing up I always thought it was so cool to have Keith as an uncle because he's only four years older than me. I have very fond memories of playing together whenever we would visit my grandparents.
The first memory is sitting together in his closet chowing down on an entire bag of Nestle chocolate chips. I think I was 3 or 4 at the time. I was a few years older when we went to the store together and bought all kinds of glow in the dark stuff, including glow in the dark paint. We used all our supplies to turn the small attic into a haunted house. I think that was the same time we were playing hide and seek and I hid in a large plastic garment bag, zipping it up all the way. The thing is, Keith left with some friends and never came to find me and I was stuck in the bag until my grandfather heard me yelling for my uncle and released my from my plastic prison. I think thats the only time I've ever seen him upset with me...didn't I know better than to hide in a plastic bag? It seemed like a good idea at the time.

No comments: