Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Multitasking



I used to be an amazing multitasker...I totally rocked in that area. Notice I speak of it in the past tense, because now its becoming a lost art, slowly slipping away along with my hormones.
This morning I decided to bake a double batch of cookies for my brother, Greg to take on his next trip. I started mixing the butter and sugar together and as it was mixing I remembered I had made myself a cup of coffee and went to add half and half to it. I went back to finish the cookies and as I started putting the dough on the sheet, I noticed it was an unusual consistansy. I tasted it and realized I had't doubled the sugar, ( because I left to put cream in my coffee.) I went back to the Kitchen Aid and added the remaining sugar, hoping that the cookies would still turn out okay. I thought I'd check on Jessica's blog while the first batch was baking, but she hadn't updated yet so I checked Allisons blog, and Janes, along with a few others. Then I smelled the cookies..."Oh yeah, I'm making cookies!" (and you know if you can smell them, they're over done.) I ran to the oven and sure enough they were burnt caramelized. Then I looked at the tv and saw Bill Cosby on the Today show, and he may be a black man, but his nose is white.I couldn't take my eyes off his nose for the entire interview. Oh man! I just caramelized another batch while blogging this.
Now I forgot what else I was going to say. Oh yeah, my coffee is cold because I was distracted by Bill Cosby's nose.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Okay, I've updated. :)

Jenn said...

Sounds like my whole life lately!

Amy said...

Oh, there's nothing worse than burning stuff because you just can't sit and wait.

Brewier said...

A timer is a wonderful thing.

Candy said...

I was just Googling "Bill Cosby's nose" because I was talking about it on this message board where I was post, and that led me to you! It was a very puzzling sight to behold. I'm glad other people noticed it.

Anonymous said...

I thought I taught you rule number one. Never, never leave the kitchen when your baking or cooking. Remember? xx00 Mom