Monday, January 12, 2009

Rambling and Random.



Thats what you get today. I've been taking down the Christmas decorations all the while contemplating a project I want to work on.
Have you seen the movie, "The Holiday?" My favorite scene features this tent:



I would have loved having it as a kid, and quite honestly, I would still love to have it, which is why its going to be my next project. I do have another reason to justify making it and that is so Addison can sleep in it when she visits. My craft room doubles as her guest room and it is a pretty creepy room to have to sleep in. Its not cute or pretty, more like a huge junky closet where things come to life once its dark. Last time she was here she was so creeped out we had to move the pack and play into the weight room...and thats not really a pleasant room either. I figure I can hang the tent from my craft room ceiling, put an air mattress or crib in it, thus blocking the room from sight. And twinkle lights. There will be twinkle lights.

Or this gorgeous turquoise chandelier. Nah, that baby would go in my room.



I told you how I got to meet and go antiquing with my blog friendHilltopper, now you get to see pictures. See the funky green table with wheels? I was informed that its not a table but a gurney. I would totally use it as a kitchen island.



8 comments:

Amy said...

I would LOVE to sleep in that tent!

Tricia said...

I'll set it up for you when you come and visit me!

Kelley said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that scene and that movie. Great single dads always make me tear up.

Georgia B. said...

that chandelier is amazing!

and i love the tent! i was just saying to my husband how i miss making tents in the living room with my sister as a kid. we did it all the time!

Linda said...

That was one of the best scenes in that movie. I also loved the English cottage-much more than the LA house.

Sarah said...

I love that movie! That was such a sweet scene...

So glad you got to meet Hilltopper! How fun. I an totally see the gurney island. What a great idea. :-)

hilltopper said...

in the picture i can see it as a kitchen island, but at the time it was most definately a stretcher.

awesome chendelier! i would love that in my dining nook insted of the ceiling fan my that husband loves (but i hate)

mrsmouthy said...

I want I want I want!!!!! Do you think my husband could handle sleeping in a tent like that though?