Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Big Chill


We are expecting temperatures in the 30's tonight, so I've been out snipping camellia blossoms off our tree to bring indoors and enjoy before the frost gets them. While I was doing that, Brewier was picking the remaining Meyer lemons off our tree, 200 to be exact. Yes he counted; both he and Jessica are like that, they love their numbers and design spreadsheets for fun. I don't get it. My kind of of math is along the lines of red + yellow = orange.
My mom and I were supposed to go to Tampa for a visit with Jessica today, but 45 minutes into the trip and I started having trouble breathing, (her car still smells new and plastic-y after two years,) and we had to turn around and come home. I've spent most of the day moping and feeling sorry for myself, interspersed with crying jags. Tonight we are going to Megan and Matthews for dinner and a movie, (the first Batman.) Did I mention that it is cold out...and they don't have heat? Brrrrr.



7 comments:

Jenn said...

Watcha gonna make with all those lemons???

meg.kat.art said...

Who needs heat when you have a Matthew?


P.S. Bring me lemons, flowers, and wine.

darla said...

okay quite your whining about the weather I am not feeling for you it is going to be 9 degrees here tonight and I wanna move back to Florida now.

Georgia B. said...

we're bracing ourselves for -30s. :(

lovely flowers and photos of them.

Sarah said...

Oddly enough, I think that our weather is the same as yours! We hit the 40's today.

Sorry about the aborted trip... but glad you can have a lovely evening with Meg & Matthew. Forget about the lemons and flowers... bring BLANKETS! Ok, bring the lemons and flowers too.

Gorgeous flowers by the way! And I detect a new item behind them... white with little drawers. I love anything with little drawers!

hilltopper said...

we have to stay indoors today, like yesterday, it will be only about 10-15 degrees out.

200 lemons? is that right? what do you do with all those lemons?

Linda said...

It was in the twenties for a week here. I hate being cold so I rarely went outside.