Monday, December 22, 2008

I Won! I Won! I Won!


The Christmas decorating idea contest over at Adventures in renovating a Brooklyn Limestone, one of my favorite blogs. I entered both my wine bottle Christmas tree, and my book page wreath, and the wreath won!

From Fabulous Since 1961


From Oh So Crafty


I'm watching the news this morning and can't get over how cold it is everywhere. We've had the most beautiful weather, though today a cold front has come through and our high is only going to be 60. Perfect for cookie baking and coffee drinking. Jessica, are you sure you can't come over for the day?

We went down to Park Ave yesterday to stroll and enjoy the weather, and ran into Sara and her beau, Marco. Oh to be young and gorgeous.



There was a giant menorah in Central Park, with a lighting celebration going on.



Poinsettia baskets hang from every lamp post.



One of my favorite spots.



On the way home we stopped by the wine shop and picked up a bottle of Summarroca Pinot Noir Cava, and sat at our little table out front, eating, drinking and enjoying our neighbors Christmas lights.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

That is such a great picture of Sara & her "beau!" :) It looks like you had a really fun afternoon - I wish I could be there!

Sarah said...

I love all the pictures! Wish I could have been there. Congratulations on your win. I see she liked both of your ideas! Sorry I missed your message earlier...

pve design said...

congrats on your win! fabulous!

meg.kat.art said...

i'm so glad you won! i LOVE having one of your book page wreaths on our door :)

Georgia B. said...

congrats! you deserved it!

Laura @ Shoot-Scoop said...

Congrats on your win!!!