Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Day Of Pajamas and Movies.


It was supposed to be the day of cookie baking, but when Megan showed up not feeling well... and I'm still not feeling well, I handed her some of my pajamas and we headed to the sofa for a day of movie watching. So far we've seen, A Room With a View, and Bridget Jones Diary. Next up, we are going to watch all the Christmas episodes of Friends. Days like this I really missSarah. We shared many a pj and movie day, with a healthy dose of coffee and chocolate thrown in. I'm very excited though, that yesterday we were able to video chat through gmail! I can see us making great use of that in the future.
This morning I woke up to snow on the ground! Okay, its frost, but when Jessica and Megan were little, they would call it snow and get so excited. I remember them running outside and scraping the frost off of the blades of grass, into a little snow pile, and trying to make teeny tiny snow balls, that would instantly melt on their fingers.

8 comments:

Evi said...

That made me smile...visualizing a little mini-sized snow ball fight with Barbies!
BTW...have you ever witnessed a really good 'hoar frost'...? BEAUTIFUL!

Georgia (AKA g-bug) said...

i'm jealous!
i was so tempted to stay home from work today and do the same thing! and i'm not even sick. but it's supposed to snow storm tonight, and i don't feel like driving home in it.
:)

My First Kitchen said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I'm doing that today too!!! I'm exploiting a free trial of Netflix. So far? Becoming Jane, Catch and Release, There Will Be Blood, and now last night's House while I wait for the next batch. I LOVE these days. Enjoy yours.

Amy said...

Apart from the illness, it sounds like a perfect day. A Room With a View was the first grown-up movie I really loved.

HopiQ said...

Sounds fantastic!!! I just love Room With A View. :)

My house is pseudo-clean for the realtor coming this afternoon. Couldn't she just get here already before the boys destroy the house?!?

Jessica said...

I'm watching "Friends" Christmas episodes, too!

Sarah said...

Wish I was there... sigh.

Sophia said...

I was kinda hoping to open your blog this morning and find that you had tried to make frost angels. =)