Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote and Get Fat. It's the American Way.


Free Starbucks, free chick-fil-a, free Ben and Jerry's, free Krispy Kreme and free margaritas at a downtown bar, and all you had to do was vote. I partook of the free coffee and the free chicken. I've come to the realization that I don't really care for Starbucks drip coffee, it smells and tastes like old rancid Maxwell House. I do however like their espresso drinks. A lot,
almost as much as Gregory loves his roasted chicken. He spent the day with Megan and I yesterday, and we went to Publix to find something for lunch. Walking by the deli, we all agreed on chicken. Gregory hugged it all through the store. When we got home Megan started taking the chicken apart, handing the crispy skin to Gregory, who before eating it would hold it in the air, and say while gazing at it, "My precious." This boy is serious about his chicken.





8 comments:

Jessica said...

That's so cute! I partook of the Starbucks...twice. Chickfila just once. :)

Just say Julie said...

I made my Krispy Kreeme stop this morning. I voted early, but I saved my sticker :) Wish I could do Ben & Jerry's, but 20 miles is too far to drive for free ice cream! Love the death grip on the chicken...he know what he wants!

Amy said...

We are enticed to vote by the threat of a fine if we don't!
Tricia, where is your Etsy shop?

Amy said...

Ignore that last question. I found a link on Megan's blog.

Liz said...

This is too funny. My precious, he's adorable.

hilltopper said...

im glad you got "let out" to vote. and man, you guys got free stuff for voting! our county is too cheap(or broke) to even give us the dang sticker!
oh well, at least i get to vote, but coffee would have been nice.

mrsmouthy said...

Oh man, I could SMELL that chicken through your blog. I need me some friend chicken!!

Jenn said...

That is funny about Gregory. But, we drink Maxwell house coffee. What does that say about us??? mmmm:)