Tuesday, November 25, 2008

There Must Be Funny Stuff Going On in My Attic.


Becuase when I asked Brewier to go up there and get down all the Christmas stuff, I ended up with 9 large rubbermaid bins and 3 artificial Christmas trees. I certainly don't remember putting all that up there, but then, I guess 30 years of stuff does add up. Despite all those bins full of holiday decorations, I wasn't able to find the Christmas lights for our wine bottle Christmas tree, so we went to Walmart, (gasp!) and bought a couple of strands along with some tinsely garland that I 'm hoping I'm not allergic to, (who am I kidding...I'm allergic to everything,) to wrap around the 4x4 post, that is the base of the wine bottle tree.
Normally I would even be thinking of putting up holiday decorations yet, never ever until after Thanksgiving, but we've been having chilly, (for us,) weather, and it's put me in a Christmasy mood so I'm breaking my own rule. I've even listened to Christmas music. I just couldn't help myself.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Makes sense to me! Besides, with a grandbaby due any time, you want to have all of the decorating done and be able to concentrate on more important things. :-)

Kimberly said...

I am getting mine out on Friday. I have one week to clean and decorate my house from top to bottom, before my dad's side of the family (approx 35 people) come for a big dinner on the 7th! Yikes!

iphotographu said...

I started wrapping yesterday and listening to Christmas music...now all we need is some snow!

mrsmouthy said...

Please post a picture of this "wine bottle tree." I can't picture anything but tacky in my mind, but I know you have impeccable taste and now I'm on the edge of my seat!