Wednesday, October 08, 2008

It Was a Pretty Good Day.


Because I ventured out from my bubble and went into work for a few hours. The office I work in has the cleanest filtered air around and its nice not to have to think about breathing. I ate lunch with my doctor and she commented on the fact I looked better than the last time she saw me, which was in the midst of a chemical poisoning attack. I told her it was because I stay in my house and never go anywhere. She thought that was a good thing and I told her, "But I LOVE the outdoors." She said that was too bad because I have no business being outside. I pouted and she suggested I write a book....."How to Be Happy at Home......you know, once you figure that out." I wish I could capture her dry sense of humor in writing.
Late in the afternoon I laughed in the face of danger, and Brewier and I drove over to Megans. She and her Dad walked to our favorite Thai restaurant, and picked up food for our dinner.I sat at Megs and looked out the window. This is her view.



The restaurant is Atlantic Thai, at 914 N Mills, just a block from Megan and Matthews. Its been open just a month and I want everyone to go eat there so it will stay in business. The owners already know Megan by name and give her, (and us because we are Megs parents,) extra food. Tonight we ordered Noodle soup, cashew chicken and panang curry. In addition to what we ordered we received 2 large Thai iced teas, two salads, two orders of spring rolls, (the best!) and a box of freshly made sesame mochi balls that aren't even on the menu. I'm stuffed.

7 comments:

meg said...

thanks for letting me keep leftovers!

i just reheated them and made fresh rice for our dinner - and the sesame balls got nice and crispy again in the oven :)

Linda said...

I'm not a fan of Thai food but I just discovered bo bun which I love-I think it may be Vietnamise. I adore cashew chicken. I just don't like lemon grass which I always taste in Thai food. But I have to say, your meal looks delicious.

Sarah said...

Oh wow! That looks wonderful... wish I had been there too. :-)

Jenn said...

Looks good. I am glad you got out. Jenn

Keith said...

Love it!

You know what I love even more...?

The ENVELOPE of EXCELLENCE! ;)

Liz said...

Thai food is my weakness. It also kills my stomach later... but I eat it anyway.

Just say Julie said...

That looks yummy!