Friday, September 19, 2008

Would You Drink It?



Have you seen THIS article
about a Swiss chef who incorporates breast milk into his recipes? People are freaking out. They would rather drink milk from an animal; milk that as humans, we don't have the necessary enzymes to digest. Milk that my doctor tells me no human should ingest. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of cheese and milk products, I'm just curious as to why people freak out about consuming breast milk..... like my dad did when I fixed him a cup of coffee and put my breast milk in it instead of half and half. He took one sip and asked, "Why did you put sugar in this?" I looked at him innocently and said, "I didn't." He took another sip and said, "But it's sweet, " and yet another sip. Thats when I dropped the bomb and told him it was my breast milk. Mwahahaha! You should have seen that mouth full of coffee spew all over the room as he ran to the sink to rinse his mouth with water. We are a family full of practical jokers and I am the Queen.

6 comments:

Moo said...

I've tried it.... no biggie :)

Jessica said...

It definitely tastes better than cows milk...I don't get the aversion to human milk, either!

Brewier said...

Tastes good and is good for you. And it comes prepackaged.

(Thought I would make a commercial out of it.)

Georgia (AKA g-bug) said...

that is too funny—the story about your dad.

i guess i would not have an issue with it, if i knew who's milk it was.

wait, maybe i wouldn't want to know.

now you got me thinkin'

reneenix said...

species specific!

Evi said...

If I didn't 'know' that I was consuming breast milk I don't think I would even really notice...I guess it's just the mental image you might get...because most of our last encounters with breast milk has been straight from the boob! But I don't really conjure up an image of a cow teat when I have my cereal either.
Curiosities.

Debbie and I have both blogged on this topic before...seems like SITStas have a lot in common...

http://krahnspot.blogspot.com/2008/08/refreshment.html