Saturday, September 06, 2008

This is No Ordinary Lipstick.



Remember my tale of woe
over my missing lipstick? My holy grail of lipstick that I had used on Megans wedding day, then couldn't find it anywhere, despite tearing the house apart 10 different times over the past 6 months. Well last night when I woke up at 3:30 am I decided to clean out my closet rather then channel surf looking for something other then infomercials, (did you know they sell sex toys on tv at night?) to watch.
I don't mean tidy my closet either. I emptied it, went through all my handbags, shoes and tried on all my clothes to see what fits and what I should get rid of. I had slipped on my suede jacket that I get to wear about once a year, put my hands in the pockets and you guessed it; I felt a tube of lipstick and my heart beat a little faster. Yes. It was THE lipstick. I have NO idea how it got in that jacket pocket. Megan was married Feb 23, the begining of summer. I hadn't worn a jacket in at least 8 weeks. I'm very happy to have my lipstick back, but now I'm going to drive myself crazy trying to figure out how it got there.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay!!! You found it. That is wonderful. I know how hard it is to find the perfect shade of lipstick. Hey, not a bad night's work, by the way. :-)

Jane said...

This post reminds me of the parable of the lost sheep. Or lost coin.
I have a friend who lost the diamond from her wedding ring this summer. After weeks of searching they found it.

How are you doing? Thanks for being a facebook friend with my mom :)

mrsmouthy said...

Oops--that was me. I borrowed your suede jacket and your lipstick to film a late-night infomercial. You understand, right?

Darla said...

One needs the lipstick glad you found it.What time did you get the closet put back together?

iphotographu said...

looks like Mac...love their lipstick. I love cleaning out closets too, leaves room for other things...Trish, you could, if you were so inspired repurpose your capris into long shorts, say above the knee? Just a thought... Also, I'd love to have you over for some tea.