Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Previously on Fabulous Since 1961...



The new header photo was taken by my dad over 25 years ago, from his hotel room in Paris. It is one of my favorite photos ever.

The bacon cinnamon rolls. Okay, so I only took one bite. I don't eat chemical rolls. If I were to make suggestions on the recipe, it would be to precook the bacon. As it was the bacon remained chewy and the rolls sat in and soaked up much of the bacon grease. I would also make the rolls from scratch, but thats me.

Our first day of fall molasses cookies, we call Viviennes; the name of the woman I got the recipe from.

1 cup of crisco shortening, melted and cooled
1/2 cup of butter softened
1/2 cup of molasses
2 cups of sugar
2 eggs
4 cups of flour
4 teaspoons of baking soda
1 teaspoon of cloves
1 teaspoon of ginger
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of salt

Combine crisco and butter. Add molasses, sugar and eggs, beat well and add dry ingredients. Chill. Form balls, (about 1 1/2 inches) and roll in sugar. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

7 comments:

Georgia (AKA g-bug) said...

It's great to find out that this is a photo taken by someone you know, and not just some photo you found. It is incredibly beautiful and thought-provoking! I also think you chose the perfect font to overlay it.

Corey said...

I love the photo!

Linda said...

I can see why you love that photo. It's fabulous.

Mrs. B said...

The banner photo is gorgeous! And the cookies sound so yummy!

mrsmouthy said...

I just copied/pasted that into a Word document. I'm embarrassed, and a little scared. But I trust you and I want you to like me so I'm going to go for it next weekend...

mrsmouthy said...

Oops, totally ignore my previous comment. I was speed-reading and thought you posted the recipe for bacon cinnamon rolls. :)

mrsmouthy said...

Okay, I just mixed up the dough, but I felt it needed flour so I added some. Was I supposed to?