Monday, September 22, 2008

The First Day of Fall


It has always involved making ginger molasses cookies, usually with Jessica and Megan. I had to do something to mark what was always my favorite season when I lived up north. I was talking to Allison, a native Floridian who grew up in St Pete about Florida and celebrating the seasons that don't exist here. She said she remembered in school they would always put up leaves for fall and snow flakes for winter; but why? September in Florida means its time to buy all your hurricane supplies:)
Today I had Gregory over to help me with the cookies. He loves to be in the kitchen, just like his daddy. Do I have any pictures? No. If you've ever met Gregory, you know why.... Its hard to photograph a blur. He did take a break to go sit in the garage. He loves to be out there. He turns my bucket upside down to sit on and gazes upon at all my accumulated junk.. Big time fun for a four year old. When Greg arrived to take him back home, Gregory was still in the garage. Greg asked him if he needed anything while he sat out there. Gregory thought for a moment and replied, "Yeah, a beer," Who has he ben hanging around?

11 comments:

Georgia (AKA g-bug) said...

i know what you mean about photographing a blur.
my niece and nephew would not sit still for more than three seconds for me to get a shot of them.
i had to bribe them to let me take their picture. :)

heather said...

Hey Tricia! I am not going to Bible study tomorrow bc I have been working all night painting and putting up crown molding in Isabella's room...we have company coming into town and I am trying to get ready for them! Can we postpone till next Tuesday? Let me know! (Sorry for the short notice)

Sarah said...

I love the new picture at the top of your blog! Change is so fun... Fall is defnitely here in MT - I'm freezing to death!

Jessica said...

LOVE the new header! I also like the white background, it's more you. :)

Greg Pflug said...

Great use of Dads Paris photo. When do you want to go?

Jenn said...

Love the blog background! Oh and by the way the Beer things it's partly my fault too:) That's an adiction I picked up in Austria...Wanna go? I am sure it's beautiful right now...

hilltopper said...

you mention they hang up leaves and snowflakes in florida schools, yeah, heres a funny tidbit about me, i was born in southern california and didnt realize until i was five and we moved to iowa that trees actually lost their leaves, i thought someone who wrote story books made that up.

hilltopper said...

oh and p.s. it really is fall here na na na na na

aliann said...

Those cookies are heavenly! Thanks for sharing :)

Georgia (AKA g-bug) said...

beautiful new blog design!

mrsmouthy said...

Can I get the recipe?

(My husband made me write that.)