Saturday, September 20, 2008

Doing Things LIke This Makes Me Happy.



I bought a bag of broken, beak-less, legless craft birds at a garage sale for 50cents last year. I had no idea what I would do with them, I just knew that I had to buy them. I had picked this finial up at another garage sale a few years back and it had been sitting in my garage because I didn't know where to put it in my house.



Then yesterday afternoon, I had a vision. I painted the bird green, carved him a new beak out of a wine cork, and made some legs out of floral wire.



I'm very happy with how it turned out.

6 comments:

Darla said...

Tricia
that is really nice I like it.

meg said...

cute! i want to take his picture next time i'm over.

(it is a he isn't it? does he have a name yet?)

Jessica said...

That's so cute, Mom!

Heather said...

Oh, he turned out great!!

Evi said...

He's precious. Nice beak.

Vickie said...

very creative you are, cute!