Monday, September 08, 2008

Because I Am Such a Scary Person.


Yesterday Brewier and I were on a hunt for a blue dress shirt for him. We had found one at Ross a few weeks ago and thought we'd see if they had another one. Our first stop was the Ross closest to our home. We searched, but no such luck. As we were getting in our car, the passengers of the car parked in front of us; a group of 20 somethings, were getting in theirs. One of the girls had very unique hair, cut short and styled and dyed black with a white streak through the middle making here look like a skunk. I wasn't fast enough with my camera to get her picture though. (If you've been reading this blog for awhile you know I collect photos of interesting hair.)
Later in the day we were at another Ross, about 10+ miles from our house. We were walking up to the store and walking in front of us was skunk girl! Yes, the same girl as earlier. She went into Ross, called someone on her phone and was just standing around talking. I tried to get her picture, but she was facing away from me. Brewier said, "Just go up and ask if you can take her picture." So when she got off her phone, I walked up smiling, camera in hand and asked her if I could take a picture of her hair style. She looked at me like I had just asked her to give every man in the store a lap dance., and said, "Thanks for asking but I'd rather you didn't." I smiled and said okay. Then I mention that I had seen a young woman at the other Ross with the exact same hair earlier that day and asked if it was her. Again she gave me the lap dance look and said, "No." I said good bye to her, turned and walked back to the mens section where Brewier was. I told Brewier about the exchange and he said he had watched me talk to her and that as soon as I turned to walk back to him, skunk girl ran from the store.
Am I really that scary or was skunk girl acting really weird?


10 comments:

Jenn said...

No she's just really weird!

Sarah said...

I'm also going with weird. Maybe she's on America's Most Wanted and thought that a really outlandish hair style was a perfect disguise?

meg said...

sounds like skunk girl has some problems with social skills...

plus, 99.9% of everyone you meet thinks you're awesome.

Goldy said...

Of course, having not met you, I can't speak for how scary you are, but, working in youth ministry, I'd guess that heaps of people are oversensitive about such stuff now. Like somehow you're going to use a picture of her hair to raid her bank account & steal her boyfriend or something!

Maybe you should, just to teach her a lesson!

hilltopper said...

i cant beliieve you paparazzi'd the back of her head!!, man, i hope it doesnt get back to her im not sure what kind of legal ramifications are possible in this case but what can skunky gal expect from people? surely she knows he looks like pepe le pew and must expect SOME type of attention from it. i guess she prefers the point and stare.

Heather said...

You took her picture anyway!!! Bwhahahahaha....that's hilarious!! It's why you and I would be fast friends in real life. I'd have totally taken her picture anyway too. Oh, and she was definitely being weird.

Keith said...

Not to think the worst of society, but shoplifters would hit all the Gaps in the area in one day, one after another...maybe she was making the rounds.

mrsmouthy said...

Oh man, you're such a skunk!

Just say Julie said...

Nice! I'm sure you were in no way scary, though maybe the mention of seeing a similar hairstyle might be a bit pre-stalkerish. But I love that you took the picture anyway!

~T said...

I am so glad you got the picture, even if it was of the back! Dumb girl, she has no idea that she was so close to fame and fortune! LOL