Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Wear a Uniform.



And it disturbs me. Capri's and t -shirts, most of which I've been wearing for 6 years now. Yes, the exact same ones. But thats not the disturbing part. The disturbing part is I started noticing other women with this same uniform, and its not good. The women are all middle aged or older and, ummm, look a bit unkept. Yes its a steep and slippery slope to dumpy and 50, and I'm sliding down it at record breaking speed. Help! I need a fashion intervention. I need Stacy and Clinton. I need to find something other than a tshirt that will fit over the girls.

This is my uniform. The nicer version, that I wear to work....on those days that I actually do make it in to work. I'm not showing you my around the house capris because they are in sad shape. Brewier looked at what I was wearing today and asked why there were holes in my pants. Its because I'm wearing capris that are older than a lot of my friends children.



And because you asked, here I am sitting in my sauna/space pod.



Pretty boring. Brewier says to tell you its much more exciting watching me get out of the pod....because I'm naked.

The foil on my head? Its so the aliens can't read my mind. Duh.

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Ok, I so do not see "dumpy" in that outfit! The pretty sleeves keep the top from really qualifying as a T-shirt. I think the whole thing is cute. And if you want variety, just throw on a skirt. You can't go wrong with a skirt in Florida!

Love the picture of you in the pod! That is just too cute. Of course you need the tin foil. You can't give all of your secrets out to the aliens!! That would be BAD. They would take over the world if they had your knowlege of interior design and good taste.

Darla said...

Tricia I have never seen you dumpy what might look dumpy on some one else is transformed into Chic on you so not to worry.

Greg Pflug said...

Purchase some shinny purple capris and go topless.
Putting on the river soon.

Just say Julie said...

That is not a dumpy look. I wore a skirt to school today and everyone asked if pigs were flying outside. I guess maybe I wear capris too much too?

You should look into the pod market... and the foil hats :)

Jane said...

You look hawt in both outfits; the capris and the sauna.

Linda said...

I used to dress up more but now I just prefer to be comfortable. When it's as hot as it is in Florida, who wants to dress up? I thought you looked cute in your photo. Why do you need a sauna in Florida? Can't you just step outside. Heheh.

Amy said...

I love the photo of you in the pod - thanks for complying with your readers' wishes! And I think you look great in your uniform, there is nothing worse that gaping shirts so stick to t-shirts if they fit!

Day by Day said...

Thanks for making me laugh with the pod picture.

Kimberly said...

I just clicked over to see if you were up to anything. I must say, the pod surprised me! I can't wait for your brother to see the pic.

Roger and I have uniforms also, jean shorts, t-shirts (the printed kind), and Birkenstocks (lesbian shoes). Roger has been venturing out and wearing the button up, checkered camp shirts. It's kind of sad when you try to dress up a bit by switching to a v-neck t-shirt! LOL That has been my life for the last 12 years though.

Hang in there, we are beaming you up!

Jenn said...

So much fun. I always look forward to your Blog. It makes me smile. I like you uniform too. At leat you can wear capri's witha zipper:) I love the pod too. It should be the picture on your blog. It would really attract attention. Too fun!

hilltopper said...

LUV the foil helmet!!!

and if youre concerned about the 50ish uniform, just go get some really cute tees to go with the capris and make sure your flip flops are cute, and DONT wear the capris with walking shoes and socks!!! thats the riverboat tourist look here in madison .

mrsmouthy said...

I've noticed that same thing about capris/middle aged women, but girl, you are ROCKING those capris! I think it's perfectly OK if it's done right.

iphotographu said...

Trish, I just cleaned out my closets and we could do our own Clinton and Stacy show here at my place or yours! We've certainly watched the show enough to know what to do we just need to get creative because I don't have that $5000 visa card!

Heather said...

Dumpy?? No!! You look adorable!