Sunday, August 10, 2008

I Should Not Be Awake at 4am.


For the third night in a row. Tonight I woke up to the banging and popping of my possessed refrigerator. Its really loud. People who come to visit hear the refrigerator and think someone is knocking on my front door. After coming out to the kitchen to make sure that's what all the noise was, I went back to bed. After lying there for 20 minutes, I was just starting to drift off to sleep when I hear what sounds like someone trying to break through our front door. I turn on my bedroom light and grab the baseball bat I have next to my bed and run to the kitchen and turn on the light, and walk around bat in hand, ready to defend my home. About this time Brewier who sleeps at the other end of the house in the guest snoring room, wanders into the kitchen, looks at me, and starts laughing. Alot. He always thinks it's funny when I hear things, only this time he just keeps laughing, and says, "Sorry. I got up to use the bathroom and forgot my bedroom door was shut and walked into it." Ha! It wasn't my imagination.

13 comments:

Jessica said...

I love that Dad walked into his door!

Sarah said...

Oh dear! I am so inspired by your bravery!! I would have been sitting in bed with my bat and called John on his cell phone to get him to come out. I would NEVER go out there looking for what caused the noise! Never never never... Oh yeah, I also hope Brewier is ok. :-)

I was also awake at 4 am. (But it was Montana time - so 6 your time.) John is on day 17 of working and has had trouble waking up the last couple mornings. I was so worried that he was going to be late, and his alarm had already gone of twice. So I woke him up, then I had to get up help Ethan with something... by the time I laid back down, I couldn't sleep. That almost never happens to me! So, I'm right there with ya sister.

Amy said...

That is so funny! What would I do as we don't play baseball here? Maybe I should start keeping one of Toby's cricket bats in our room!

Darla said...

Brave Woman! I nudge Henry and tell him to get his backside up and look. I would not be venturing out to look myself. You need to get one of those intercom systems and use it to send Brewier out to look.

Giggles said...

I am still howling... I swear I have written a post so similar...this brings up terrible memories...but I still can't stop laughing!! So sorry for your distress...I know the feeling....check mine here http://happytiler.blogspot.com/2007/11/busy-body.html#links

Hugs Giggles

Lane Boyz Mom said...

LOL I woulda hit him just for laughing at me;) LOL You go girl...I would have maybe called his cell phone to get him up and check out the noise from the snoring room, heehee

Dena said...

Too funny.

Dena said...

Ok, this is really weird. I was looking at your blog, new from SITS, anyway when I clicked on Brewier's name it took me to IMDB and it says his Place Of Birth was Madison, Indiana. That is my hometown. I lived there all my life until moving to Florida 10 years ago. Too funny.spo

~Trish~ said...

Congrats of being the Featured Blogger! Love this post and can't wait to read more!

Deanna said...

Congrats on being today's SITS sister! You are like the girl in the movie that I scream at saying, "Don't go! Don't go!" I am just a chicken at heart!

Veggie Mom said...

Congrats on being the SITS Featured Blogger! When I lived in the city, I woke up one night to the burglar alarm going off. I was some kinda scared, I have to tell you. To make a long story short, after being scared out of my wits, the culprit turned out to be an unbalanced dishwasher!

Hot Air said...

Ha ha! I think I'd have used the bat anyway... knock some sense into him. ;)

that girl said...

I'm awake at 1am to read your blog ;) Found you on SITS...