Saturday, August 09, 2008

Did You Watch?



I rarely watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics, but was reading such great reviews of them that Brewier and I went to Megan and Mathews to watch them together last night. This morning, Brewier and I were still in awe and talking about them. I think its the most spectacular production I've ever seen. I'm just going to stop there. Words can not describe.

Yesterday Vickie and I went out to a couple of the Asian grocery stores here in town. I had to take a picture of this:



Because why have beef jerky taste like beef, when you can make it taste like fruit leather ????

Vickie bought a couple of Vietnamese press pots, some Cafe Du Monde and sweetened condensed milk, so we could make Vietnamese coffee. It tastes like melted coffee ice cream. Too sweet for me, but you'll love it Jessica. (Vickie gave me the press pots and coffee!)

5 comments:

stock market broker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...

I did watch the opening ceremony! It was spectacular. I was also completely in awe and amazed. I cannot even imagine having that many people perform with such precision. Everything was perfect. They have set the bar so high that I don't think anyone else could reach it!

Anne said...

It's amazing to think of all the people in the world, watching the same thing, at the same time - it was spectacular!

Amy said...

I watched it too, though I fell asleep a few times! It was amazing and will be dificult to match, let alone top. Still, the next country (I've forgotten who that is)has four years to work on it and for us to forget China's fabulous effort.

WheresMyAngels said...

The fruit flavored beef jerky has me wondering. Going to have to get some.