Friday, August 22, 2008

Almost 24 hours.


Without power.
I'm blogging from Megan and Matthew's home. I'm fine without power during the day. Even when its cloudy outside, my studio gets good light. Brewier however is a lost soul if he can't be on his computer at least 18 hours a day. Okay, okay, I'm exaggerating. Its 16 hours. So fortunately we have a generator that FEMA bought us four years ago when we went nearly 3 weeks without power because of the 3 hurricanes that hit us in a matter of 6 weeks, so we have our refrigerator and freezer plugged into that. Today when we showed up at Megan's, she asked us, "So, why do we still live here?" I dunno.

7 comments:

HopiQ said...

I'm so sorry you lost power! We had a few blips yesterday and about five minutes just after midnight when the power was off, but thankfully that was it. I can't wait to let the kids out. Movies and indoor activities only last so long before insanity takes over!

Greg Pflug said...

Greetings from dry as talcum powder Utah. Lets see you live in Florida because:
Your family including grandchildren live there.
California is over flowing with people, mostly fruits nuts and flakes.
Florida has real jobs other states just have income tax.
Florida always makes the news.
Oranges, mangoes, papaya, pecans, pineapple, and avaccados will all prosper in your back yard.
Honestly, how many people do you know wear socks? Turtle necks? Dickies? long pants? gloves? Face it clothing might look good but who wants to wear any of it?
FLORIDA is the greatest state.

Jenn said...

Still raining, yes, still warm, yes, can we survive without spending $1700 a month on heating oil, YES! Whoohoo Florida!

Sarah said...

Ummm... in Montana we do have income tax, but no sales tax! :-)

Kimberly said...

There's no place like home!
We tried CA and came running back to FL!

Now I might consider moving to SC, but don't tell Rog!

Darla said...

No state income tax in Tennessee
but plenty of sales tax. Mom said it was bad over your way. We are feeling for you.

Linda said...

I guess the great winters make up for it all. That's how I felt when I lived in Arizona.