Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The One Where I Teach Small Children How To Do Shots.



Photobucket

Photobucket

I got to watch Emmie and Micah for a little while yesterday and while we were playing with my remote control; you know, the one that controls universe, (What? You don't have one of those? Its in that first picture with Micah. ) Emmie started talking about magical things. So I told her I was going to serve her magical water, that would impart its powers to her, causing her to have lovely dreams that night. She was game, and Micah thought he'd like a little magic water too.
Now back in the fall Target had these shot glasses in the dollar spot, that when filled with liquid would cause a tiny light to flash red or green in the bottom of the glass. I've never done shots, had no idea what I would use them for, but bought two. Now I knew they were meant to be shared with my little friends.
I filled the glasses with water and their faces filled with wonder and awe as their water started flashing and changing color. Then they downed their water and the lights stopped!
The next half hour was spent drinking little shots of water, watching the lights start and stop. Of course Emmie told me that it wasn't really magical water. They were magical cups. "Really?" I said. "Where would I get magical cups?" Emmie gave me that look that says "duh," and replied, "At the magical cup store."

Photobucket

4 comments:

Heather said...

The title of this post is PRICELESS. I'll have to go find some of those cups at Target. I must've missed those on my bi-weekly visit.

aliann said...

They had a great time. Emmie is totally convinced she can control the universe.

HopiQ said...

Hahahahaha!

My kids are already skeptics. No fun at all.

Linda said...

I love the way children think.