Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Look What I Got In the Mail!


It was waiting for me when we got home from Tampa Sunday night! Caroline came across a penny squishing machine while she was lost in W.V. at 2 in the morning. She remembered reading about how I loved squished pennies, so she got out of her car and squished one for me! Jessica, told me about the 2am adventure, all Caroline wrote was that she had found a penny machine and thought of me. I smiled all night after opening my penny containing letter.
The penny has a picture of the New River Gorge Bridge, in West Virginia. What Caroline doesn't know, and this makes the penny even more special, is that my grandfather was one of the engineers who worked on designing the bridge.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm glad you like it. It's so cool that your grandfather worked on it! I find it had to express what runs through my head when I'm lost in the wilds of WV in the middle of the night, but for some reason, your blog did. I'm glad it made you smile...

Jenn said...

We had our last full family reunion under that bridge. We stayed at a lodge with 20 of us and the bridge was in full view. It was the last time we'd all be together. Beautiful memories. :(