Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Went There.


It started innocently enough. i was listening to this:



while I cleaned the house. I should have known better. Ten years ago, Jessica, (then 15,) Megan, (then 13) and I used to listen to it all the time. They were happy days full of friends and fun and people stopping by to visit. I started getting melancholy. Thats when it happened. I pulled out old photos. Now for most people photos are a way of remembering happy times and bring smiles to their faces. For me, I remember the happy times and cry... alot, because those times are over, and I fall into the pit of despair.
Brewier just called to tell me he was on his way home from Universal. He asked me what was wrong and I told him I had been listening to music and looking at old photos. His response, "Ohhhh noooooo."
Yep. Its that bad. Its all so genetic. My mom and grandma have this gene too.
Any way, I did happen across one of my favorite photos of myself. It was taken December 23, 1991. The morning of my 30th birthday. I was still in my pj's talking on the phone to my mom, and I remember feeling happy. I think thats why its my favorite picture.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love you with short hair and a bit of curl showing on top! Where are your boobs though? I'm sorry you get sad looking at old pics. I love looking at pics, but not fat pics of myself. THEY make me sad!

Have fun in KY! Are you stopping to see Kenny's new house?

Lots of Love
Kim

HopiQ said...

Ohhhhhh...

Come see me! Come to the concert tomorrow night at Bear Lake! 7:00!

Amy said...

You look the same, except in the bust department!

Heather said...

You look amazing in red!! Yeah, 30 was good. It was really good to be 30.

ROSA E OLIVIER said...

Piú giú in fondo alla Tuscolana...!?...passavo per un saluto!

Liz said...

Oh, what a slippery slope. My sisters and I love to look at my mom's college photos of her and my dad and thier friends we never knew. She'll always smile and leave the room, says it makes her too sad. I'm starting to get this now.

Love that cd too, by the way. It reminds me of being a counselor at a church camp one summer. By far, best time of my life.

~T said...

LOOK!!! There are Curtis, Terri, Sara and Kevin on your fridge! :D