Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hmmmm


Today is one of those days when I really have to search for something to blog about, since I never left the house. Megan and Matthew are in KY. I've talked to her 3 times on the phone to day and ichatted with her twice. Nooooo, we aren't codependent. Brewier and I had talked about leaving last night to join them in KY, but didn't. Then we played with the idea of going there tonight. But aren't.
I decided to stop drinking coffee today. That lasted until 2pm when the headache set in. You know what makes coffee even better? Eating a handful of chocolate chips with it.
Energized by the caffeine and sugar, I moved all my rubbbermaid bins of photos out of my bedroom closet and into my craft room. I will prevail and organize my photos one day. You know, the day I can look at pictures and not destroy them with my tears.
I talked to my Mom, and we've decided we should get together once a week and do something. We have plans to get together Tuesday and try to figure out what to do. I'm sure shopping and food will be involved. She just got back from Ky and gave me the email address for a friend from school. She said I should email him. I would love to, but what do you say to someone you haven't seen in over 25 years? Anyone? You know how I lack social skills and am terrible at conversation.
I think I need more chocolate chips.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Quit drinking coffee? Don't be silly.

Moo said...

Tell him how you got his email address and you thought it would be nice to talk to him. Then ask him questions about himself. That always helps if you feel awkward. Now that I type the word awkward... it's quite an awkward word isn't it?? :) I must agree with Heather on the coffee.

Greg Pflug said...

Ask them why you had to track them down. Prison?

Sarah said...

I just had contact with several people I hadn't seen in 20 years. There's nothing like seeing 20 years of your life in black and white, in one little succinct paragraph... it's downright scary and, in my case more than a little tragic. But it's kind of a good excercise in seeing your life. My best advice - don't get bogged down in the details and think big picture. And when all else fails, use humor.