Thursday, May 29, 2008

Blog Manners.


Laura, over at Tip Junkie, has an excellent post today, all about blog manners. My biggest faux pas is not responding to comments I get on my craft blog. Now that I have blogger sending me email alerts when I get a comment, I plan on doing a better job. I'm also a lurker. I'll start to comment, but then feel like a dork because so many of the people all sound so up beat and, well...sweet. I on the other hand have a weird sense of humor and never know if a comment will read like it sounds in my head. I saw a poll somewhere, (I read alot of blogs and don't always remember where I see things...another breech of etiquette,) where bloggers would rather see any kind of comment, than no comment at all, (I agree,) so just recently I've started commenting on my favorite blogs. You know what happened? People actually commented back! Even "cool" young gals. (Hello Heather and Liz!) The biggest faux pas I've made to date though, is posting a link and photo of my dream house, that I had seen on another blog. Because it was left in an open tab, I forgot where I'd found it. It has had me feeling like this:

Photobucket

(photo from Celia)

Later I as I was reading through blogs again, I found out the house link was from Wende, who even commented on my house post about what a nice house it was, rather than , "hey! that was on my blog." Because she has good blog manners.

6 comments:

Wende said...

Omgoodness.... I love that photo of the queen. Poor woman.

You know, it's funny what has become "manners" in the blogging world. Honestly, most of the tips given any more that are associated with being a mannered blogger were originally (5, 6, 7 years ago!) suggested as ways to promote your blog! So, don't feel badly. It's not like the "rules" are codified and inscribed in stone or anything. :D


As for Val Verde... it's lovely, isn't it? It's terribly cloudy today and I'm finding that where I really want to be at THIS moment, is in Santa Barbara. :D

Heather said...

Oh my stars!! You think I'm cool?? I love it!! Thank you. Now you've me feel cool. I need to go check out Tip Junkie today. I didn't know there were rules and manners involved, so I better go see what everyone is saying. Eeekkks. This could be scary.

Linda said...

I'm really old and uncool but I will leave a comment anyway.

whalechaser said...

Tricia,
Ok, I will go and read all about etiquette...but isn't ignorance bliss?
I read lots and comment little and have stolen just like you.
Guess now I will have to bring all the blogs I read into my little universe!
Ellen
Yes, what a lovely pic of the Queen!

whalechaser said...

Tricia,
Ok, I will go and read all about etiquette...but isn't ignorance bliss?
I read lots and comment little and have stolen just like you.
Guess now I will have to bring all the blogs I read into my little universe!
Ellen
Yes, what a lovely pic of the Queen!

Darla said...

The Photo of the queen is great!
What going on in Winter Park lately?