Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Green Soapbox.


Today is earth day, you know, be green save the planet, yada yada yada. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about being green. Having MCS I have to be, or I could die. Which is why my blood is boiling today. I went grocery shopping this morning and received free "green" reusable bags at both Whole Foods and Publix. Bags made of toxic polypropylene in the most toxin producing country of all, China. So just how are these bags green?
Same goes for all the "green", recycled plastic materials carpets and fabrics. Not green. Toxic, and continuing to outgass xenoestrogens forever. Yeah, google xenoestrogen, and be afraid.
And don't even think about talking to me about being green if you are using fabric softners, anything from the home cleaning aisle or fragranced products of any kind, because they are all petroleum based.

No comments: