Friday, March 07, 2008

It's All Because of Me.


Because you know I am such a trendsetter. Okay, maybe its not just because of me that thrifting is now the new big thing to do. I have thrifted and shopped garage sales all my life, (as well as crafting and refashioning, which are also hot right now.) Brewier and I were at Goodwill yesterday and I couldn't believe how much they have raised prices! $30 for used vinyl, made in china purses. $14 for scuffed worn out shoes, and very worn shirts starting at $5. What? Are they kidding? I guess not since people were in the store buying stuff. We went to two other, "chain," thrift stores and it was the same story. I left very disappointed. We had a much better time at a church rummage sale where things were more appropriately priced. One of my finds was this creamer and pitcher set made by Blue Mountain Pottery for 50 cents. I picked up a couple of sweaters to felt for $1 each, and a bag of thread and seam binding for $1. Nothing overly exciting. The vase I picked up at a little church thrift store for 50 cents.

Photobucket

The rest of my day has ben spent resting, (doctors orders.) All this pollen has me feeling ill and struggling to breathe. Yep, I should move.
I did get to chat with my brother Ken and Megan. Kenny cracks me up. He is the fire marshall in a smallish town in Ky and goes to schools to do safety and fire awareness instruction. This often involves handing out literature and other freebies. His newest freebie is a hurricane tracking and survival kit, complete with a heavy duty, large, rain slicker. He ordered 30. He lives in Ky. They don't have hurricanes. When I pointed this out to him he said, "Yeah, but they were free. And look at the cool rain slicker." Which he then modeled for us.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: