Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bees Are Camera Shy.


I was walking around my yard taking pictures of all the different flowers to send to Jane, for our photoblog. I walked over to my lemon and lime trees and not only were they covered in blossoms, but they were swarming with honey bees and bumble bees.
Now I've always been fond rather than fearful of bees, (though I really don't like wasps,) and have entertained the idea of becoming a bee keeper; so walking amongst these flying creatures didn't really bother me. The bees on the other hand really didn't like me being there. I was playing with my cameras macro lens, trying to get a photo of a bee on a blossom, but as soon as I got my camera in there for a photo, the bee would fly away. This went on for five minutes before I realized that all but a few bees had left my yard! This was the lone bee, who I snuck up on and shot.
Its just like I told my kids when they were little, "The bees are more afraid of you, than you are of them."

Photobucket

No comments: